Dog Training Instructor – for Intermediate and Advanced Classes
Anne Weston-Mace – Cert.Ed. , KCAI CDA GCDSA, AMBIPDT, APDT 01256.
“I believe in the use of positive training methods in keeping with modern learning theory and promoting the use of kind, fair and effective training”
A highly qualified Instructor with over 30 years’ experience Anne holds the following qualifications:
- Certificate in Education from Birmingham University with a 25 year career as a Teacher in Secondary Education and Pastoral Care
- Kennel Club Accredited Instructor (KCAI). This qualification is viewed as the ‘kite mark seal’ of a quality Instructor. Anne holds this in two disciplines, Companion Dogs (CDA) and Good Citizen Dog Scheme (GCDSA), both at Advanced Level
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme ‘A’ Examiner for Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards
- Associate Member of the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers (AMBIPDT)
- Therapy Dogs Nationwide Assessor (temperament assessor)
- Therapy Dogs Assessors Instructor (training Assessors)
- Rehabilitation Trainer
- Clicker Trained
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT 01256) Instructor
- Appointed by The Kennel Club in 2018 as a KCAI Assessor.
Anne has owned a wide variety of dog breeds including Dobermanns, Labradors, Boxers, Terriers, Cross-breeds and an English Pointer. She has achieved Kennel Club Good Citizen Gold Awards with a number of her own dogs. Anne has had a number of visiting and reading therapy dogs and has been a member of obedience and agility display teams, as well as a heel-work-to-music display team appearing at a number of venues including Crufts. She was the proprietor of a boarding kennel business from 2002 until she retired in 2015.
Anne undertakes CPD (Continuing Professional Development) each year
- to keep up to date with modern theories and techniques
- to refresh previous learning
- to experience new activities