Spanish Water Dogs are a breed apart!
They are faithful, endearing and delightful to own but are also ‘wired’ to work, guard and think for themselves. These basic traits were essential for them to survive and succeed in an environment that was much more demanding than the one we offer to our companion dogs in the UK.
To get the best from your dog you should learn to appreciate what makes him tick and why he can, if left to his own devices, manipulate, control and run circles round you!
- History – to understand the original purpose of the breed and consequently its ‘primitive’ nature
- Living with and understanding the psyche of the breed
- Choosing, buying, rearing and socialising a puppy
- A positive approach to training and problem solving
- Breeding and developing awareness of existing heath problems
- Activities that you can enjoy with your dog
- Problems that may develop in the senior years
- And much, much more ……………………
IF YOU ONLY BUY ONE BOOK ON REARING, TRAINING AND CARING, MAKE SURE IT’S PUPPY RAISING MADE EASY!
Puppy Raising Made Easy is a fully comprehensive guide to your puppy, covering everything from choosing the right breed, correct socialisation, training and care to solving behaviour.Written by Di Williamson, a trainer and canine behaviourist who works closely with both puppies and adult dogs, it contains everything you need to know to turn your new pup into the perfect pet happy, healthy and a joy to be with!
The book can be bought from various pet stores, or from Amazon (click here)